Care & Maintenance
Care & Maintenance « Home
Ramsha Home and Living offer exceptional quality and durability, but it is important to concern
yourself in the upkeep of your carpet to maintain it's lasting beauty.
The care you give your carpet will be returned in the enduring pleasure and warmth a well looked-after
carpet can provide for many years.
General Care Guide
• Quality walk-off mats are recommended at entrances to reduce dirt from being walked onto carpets.
• Vacuum clean your carpet thoroughly to prevent soil from setting into the pile. Do not use a brush to
scrub the surface of the carpet. This will not remove the dirt, but merely push if further into the pile
base. Aggressive brushing can also damage your carpet.
• Avoid over wetting when cleaning your carpet.
• Remove stains & spills immediatley. Prompt action will aviod the spillage penatrating the pile fibres.
• Blot up liquids with white paper toweling.
• Scoop up solids with the blunt edge of a knife.
• Never rub stains as this can spread or deepen the stain.
• A general do-it-yourself stain removal process is to treat with dry powder cleaner.
• Do not wait until your carpet becomes too dirty before arranging a general clean.
• Get the advice of a reputable professional carpet cleaner. When you hire professionals, ask them the
approximate time for drying and when you can safely use the carpet again
Stain Removal Guide For Wool Carpets And Synthetic Carpets
1. Carpet shampoo - follow product recommendations and check if suitable for wool where applicable.
2. Detergent solution: 1 teaspoon approved wool detergent plus 2 teaspoons white vinegar dissolved
in 1/2L luke warm water. Remove all soap residue after cleaning (Enzyme active powders can be
substituted for wool detergent on protein stains).
3. Clean luke warm water.
4. Clean cold water.
5. Clean hot water.
6. Dry cleaning liquid.
7. Mineral turpentine or white spirit.
8. Methylated spirits or alcohol.
9. Hydrogen peroxide 5% - leave 15min. Before blotting and rinse, do not use on dark colours.
10. Chewing gum remover ( freeze or solvent type)
All advice is offered in good faith. No responsibility will be accepted for claims arising from the suggested treatment. Should stains
not respond to proposed treatment, contact a professional carpet cleaner immediately. Pre-test all treatment on sample surfaces.
Dry powder cleaner and pre-sprays can often be used as a first alternative to the above. Consult the label on these cleaners.
This document is the result of the work done by RAMSHA Home and Living, Himmatpur Bakuchia, BHADOHI (U.P.) India. Ramsha Home
and Living claims all the copyrights thereto. Any utilisation, dupliction, insertion in database, reproduction and other usage in any form
whatsoever is not allowed without the prior written approval of Ramsha Home and Living. The contents may not be used for any purpose
other than that approved by us in writting. All data is non-binding and subject to change without notice. Errors, mistakes and changes reserved.